What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus which we also call COVID-19 is a contagious infection caused by the SARS-2 virus. This disease is highly transmittable and contagious. According to “worldometer”, this virus has caused the death of 4,800,805 people around the world.
This disease is a modification of old SARS disease. That’s why it is known as SARS-2 disease. This disease has a 14-15% mortality rate.
A wide range of symptoms is shown by coronavirus patients. A few are given below:
- high-grade fever
- respiratory complications
- cough, difficulty in breathing,
- extreme tiredness
- body aches
- loss of taste
- Sometimes various organ failures such as kidneys, heart, etc.
Causes of coronavirus
Coronavirus is a member of the group of human coronavirus which infects the human respiratory system. In history MERS, SARS, and other coronaviruses and now are COVID-19 continuously has infected humanity. There are several causes related to coronaviruses:
It is thought that this disease has an origin from the animals i.e. bats and bats are eaten by a few groups. We should avoid eating wild animals.
Cold foods are also considered an effective cause of coronaviruses. So we must avoid these cold drinks, ice creams, etc.
Can coronavirus kill a person?
Yes, coronavirus can kill a person. If the infected person is already suffering from a disease, then coronavirus will cause that disease to become more severe. Older people are more prone to killing from this disease.
Risk factors related to coronavirus disease
A number of risks factor are related to coronavirus are:
- Persons or older people already suffering from a disease, such as tuberculosis, HIV, and respiratory infections have a high risk of getting COVID-19 disease.
- Smoking is also a contributor to the disease; people who smoke are more prone to disease.
- People with poor living styles are at a greater risk of getting coronavirus disease. [Source]
- Folks working or living in populous areas also have more chances of disease development.
- Lastly, medical care workers have to assist and treat the infected patients.
Coronavirus ways of transmission
Coronavirus has a high transmission rate.
- As this is a respiratory infection, droplets coming from the mouth of the patients can transmit disease.
- Handshake or anybody contact can transmit the disease.
- Saliva from the infected person.
- Public gatherings are also a source of coronavirus transmission.
Preventive measures from COVID-19 disease
- We can control the spread of COVID-19 disease by following the below-mentioned methods:
- Always use a face mask.
- Always keep a hand sanitizer with you.
- Keep following the social distancing rule i.e 6 feet apart.
- Do not eat cold foods.
- Avoid crowded places.
How much time is required for the on-setting of SARS-2 disease?
If a person has come in contact with the coronavirus in any way, he will become the carrier of the disease. Now the risk of getting the infection by himself and the people around him has increased. The disease will appear within a 14 days period that we call the incubation period. Then the person starts to have signs of the disease which becomes severe with time.
Home remedies to cure coronavirus
A few home remedies are given below:
Piper longum: It is generally used to treat persistent bronchitis, asthma, obstruction, gonorrhea, loss of tongue movement, cholera, persistent bowel disease, viral hepatitis, respiratory infection, stomach pain, bronchitis, spleen disease, breakouts, and growths. Thus, it is effective in curing coronavirus disease.
Black pepper: it has an anti-aging, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, can cure hepatitis B, anti-fungal, and many more properties thus it is thought to be much effective in treating COVID-19.
Garlic: it is especially used in Iraq in traditional medicines; it has properties such as anti-aging, anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, and can boost the immune system. So, used as an effective remedy against coronavirus disease.
Turmeric: This is traditionally used in medicines, dyes, and the cosmetic industry. This has properties such as anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-plastic and can cure a number of diseases such as diabetes, cancer, HIV, and many other heart diseases. [Source]
Coronavirus and self-isolation
If a person happens to contract the disease he or she should quarantine himself, so the other people around him do not develop the disease. Thus, it is suggested to wear a face mask, this will make you safe from becoming the carrier of the disease.
If you wear a mask and other health care guides then you are not protecting yourself from the disease but also the other people around you. So, must wear a face mask to protect people from suffering.
Medication for coronavirus
A number of medications are now available in the market to cure the coronavirus: such as
This must be noted that all of the above-mentioned medications are vaccines.